Tue, May 16|
Steamboat Springs Main Gym
2023-24 SSHS Sailors Dance Team Tryouts
Get excited for the second season of the SSHS Sailors Dance Team. We welcome new and returning members to tryouts on May 16th!
Time & Location
May 16, 4:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Steamboat Springs Main Gym, 45 Maple St, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487, USA
About the event
Please watch the recorded Callout Meeting video or read through the Information Packet before registering. CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE!
Tuesday, May 16, 4:30 pm - 7:30 pm @ SSHS Meek Gym
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to grab an audition number and begin warming up.
- 4:30 pm — Tryouts begin
- 4:30 – 5:00 — Warm-up/stretch
- 5:00 - 5:45 — Technique across the floor and in the center (This portion of the tryout will be evaluated.)
- 5:45 - 6:30 — Learn a short routine
- 6:30 - 6:45 — Break and review
- 6:45 - 7:30 — Tryout
- Dancers will be asked to come into the gym in small groups and perform the learned routine.
Wednesday, May 17 – Team announced
Form-fitting top and bottoms, hair pulled back off the face (ponytail, or bun). Jazz shoes (socks, if you don’t have jazz shoes) and clean sneakers.
Technique and skill requirements-
Ability to execute the following skills after being shown-
■ Splits (right, left, and center)
■ Grand battements (right and left kicks)
■ Chainés across the floor
■ Jazz walks across the floor
■ Leaps across the floor
■ Single or double pirouette turns
■ Strong pom arm positions
Any other skills you’d like to share with us. (i.e. skills: acro skills, leg hold turns, advanced turn combinations).
Pick up quickly and perform dance routines
Short pom/hip hop routine
A positive attitude and a smile! :)
● Treat the day like an audition.
● Practice required skills at home before attending tryouts.
● Arrive early or on time and arrive prepared.
● Be confident and have fun!
Good Luck and Happy Dancing!